Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Media & Entertainment and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, having developed best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and having built significant positions in the HD arena.
As part of the Sales Marketing Department, the intern will be provided with hands on sales, marketing, brand promotion and digital branding experience on a daily basis. In addition, the intern will be involved in the creation and execution of key station partnerships, sales proposals and assist in executing both on air and onsite activities as part of their weekly schedule.
- Report directly to VP of Partnership Development
- Work directly with Key Account Coordinator on Daily assignments and tasks related to the activation and creation of key accounts
- Act as a professional representative of Clear Channel radio stations
- Most work will be internal, intern may be schedule for supervised on site work with station events
- Be punctual and organized
- Attire: Business Casual, appropriate professional attire
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus.
Nature of Internship:
- Write sales proposals including advertising elements
- Understand marketing tools available to station clientele
- Utilize media values to calculate earned media value for third parties
- Create and write radio commercials with current accurate copy details
- Represent stations at special events and meetings
- Interact with clients
- Write interactive sales proposals
- Create a client recap presentation
- Observe stations sales meeting
- Special event planning
- Interact with industry representatives through face to face meetings, phone interaction
- Internet research for advertising/campaign concepts
- Schedule advertising campaigns
- Photograph station events for documenting
- Public relations at various levels including internal communications
- Observation opportunities: in-studio and various departments (gaining insight and understanding on how departments function as a whole).
- Contribute creative ideas
- Act as an active participant of the Sales Marketing team
-Internship is unpaid. For the position to be accepted, the student must be enrolled in a college/university for the Summer 2014 semester and receive credit for the internship.
To apply, please visit www.clearcareers.com
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.